AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grinding hay-christmas day-1 bale a minute
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

tc806
Posted 12/25/2011 14:20 (#2123814 - in reply to #2123798)
Subject: Re: grinding hay-christmas day-1 bale a minute

Casey IL. ( I -70 ) then south on rt.49
I am glade to see you grinding hay. Do you mix it with your silage or earlage and at what amount.
Headed out the end of the week to see relatives in northern IL. and figured on going on to WI. wanting to look at some used hay grinders and some feed mixers. I have become very enterested in this type of feeeding. But I have a small herd and only feed out 25 that I raise and somtimes buy 25. Just thinking about up dating some things in my operation, getting older and do not want to stop but using a 25 yr.old grinder to grind corn and hay ( buy feeding hay in buy hand it's slow ) So I am thinking Of somthing to make it easer for me and be able to keep the cattle longer. I am doing or getting along fine now but 5 more yrs. might be defferant. Thought also you mught put some thought in to some sugestion on how to make a small cow herd feeding operation on a 65 - 70 yr. old man. easier. No kids enterested in farming so it is just me and my wife. I can tell it is not going to be easy to retire, which this problably should be put into a thread by its self. Thanks for suggestion .

Edited by tc806 12/25/2011 14:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)