AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

E-Z Steer 500 on HW 365
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jay in WA
Posted 8/11/2007 23:09 (#186113 - in reply to #185522)
Subject: RE: E-Z Steer 500 on HW 365

Pasco WA.
I have had a demo/test unit in my HW 365 for the last 2 months. They have greatly improved how well it steers but I am not ready to buy it for the windrower yet. My operator can still drive more accurately manually. I am in dificult conditions for the Ezsteer though. Cutting pivots at high speed on hilly terain. On flat ground at slower speeds it works pretty well. I suspect that straight lines would help lots too. Omnistar worked much better than WAAS. The latest software update is absolutely nessicary.

My operator says that sometimes the Ezsteer would just take off going the wrong direction for no reason. We also had to set it up with more overlap than we manually drive it at otherwise I would leave skips. This caused us to have to make one more pass on some pivot spans. Going downhill was the biggest challenge. It would start wandering, usually at either the top or the bottom of the hill. I also found that it worked better to make a new A B line on each span instead of shifting. Do not use nudge in pivot mode. It will move the line the wrong direction on the opposite side of the field.

I also planted a pivot of corn with the Ezsteer running Omnistar XP. Absolutely loved it and plan to buy one this winter for planting and spraying.

Any more questions ask away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)