AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sense of the crowd: AFS versus AgLeader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 8/2/2007 08:29 (#181753 - in reply to #181620)
Subject: RE: Macy can jump in here......

Insight uses the .ilf file format.   AgLeader has provided a component to read that data for some time.  The same format is used for both harvest and application data.  They were able to use the same format with an updated access component when they started providing access to multi-product application records.   Ag Leader was slower to release support for what they call "auxiliary files"... the boundary format, guidance line format, and their new prescription format.  But that support has now been released and access to most Insight features is as available to third-party software as to the SMS software.  Ag Leader response to support questions from third-party developers has always been outstanding.

CNH uses a completely different format.   A component for reading Voyager (.cnh) yield files has been available for some time.   There was never any third-party access to read Voyager application files.   Now, there is a voyager 2 file format (.cn1 files).   An early release of a component for reading both harvest and application files in this format has just been made available.   I have not reviewed the component so I am not sure what functionality exists with it for generating setup information and prescriptions.   I would assume it is complete as regards reading harvest and as-applied data.

While Ag Leader serves as contractors to provide the AFS software and third-party components, as I understand it, the specification for the file formats and third-party component functionality and timelines are CNH decisions... not Ag Leader decisions.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)