AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corral Pictures, 2 1/2 months work of work, Almost done!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 11/13/2011 18:49 (#2048309 - in reply to #2048251)
Subject: Re: Corral Pictures, 2 1/2 months work of work, Almost done!

South Central Kansas, Harper County
Probably not enough to "justify" the cost, but we did the work ourselves, and the old corral was kept up with the support of Big Round Bales(lol). We have never had anything this nice, had bought quite a bit of pipe throughout the years, and the guardrail was purchased back 18 years ago, but always had plans to make a good facility. My son is involved, and if it wasnt for him, I would have been satisfied with a manual chute, but whe he offered to pay for half the chute, tub, and alley, I figured I might as well go whole hog. He went to college to study livestock, didnt finish, but thats what he likes to do. So, with another son graduating in Agronomy this spring, I could see both brothers working together on the farm/ranch, with one running the cattle enterprise, and the other specializing in crops. Nice thought, but don't know if it will happen. I do know I enjoyed working a couple loads of cattle last week, except for the rain that came too early. One bunch was Mark Wrights cows/calves that he sent my way. You can see one pair of his, to the right, in the one picture.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)