AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Older Trimble Receiver Update????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 7/31/2007 20:09 (#180983)
Subject: Older Trimble Receiver Update????

Hillsboro, AL

Has anyone heard if Trimble has any plans to release an updated firmware for the early serial number receivers to fix the WAAS satellite problem? I can understand their desire not to support older equipment, but there a many of those receivers out there that are still performing well (that is until they turned 122 and 134 off).

These receivers were not cheap when we bought them. We then paid for unlock codes to activate WAAS reception. We paid for another unlock code to activate fast refresh for guidance. We have a large chunk of change invested in these receivers. They are as accurate as any DGPS receiver on the market. Without a firmware update they are going to be expensive paper weights. It should not be that hard to program them to the frequency of the new satellites.

I don't have a bone to pick with Trimble. I own several pieces of Trimble equipment and all of them have performed well. But I fell that they are letting down some long time customers by not supplying a firmware update.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)