AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Verizon Smartphones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

LHaag
Posted 7/30/2007 22:51 (#180639 - in reply to #180544)
Subject: Samsung i730 - Verizon Smartphones

Colby, Kansas
I'm really happy with how the phone has held up after about 1.5 years of service. My previous phone was a Kyocera 7135 running Palm. It crashed a lot but it was a flip phone which I really liked. The i730 is a slider, which I'm not a fan of. In fact I hardly ever use the slideout keypad, between voice activation and the stylus I can do about anything I want. The phone functions are also fairly easy to work with your finger as well, I can hold it in my right hand and dial with my right thumb. I have put screen protectors on it and would definitely recommend it. I have beat the tar out of it and its held up well, the back is perty scratched up as I'm using the stalk belt clip that leaves the phone exposed mostly. I have a friend who is good with tack making me a leather holster for it. Definitely get the extended life battery,,, the other thing to be careful of is the power/charging/usb connector, it hasn't broke yet but is certainly fragile and worth delicate type respect. I haven't updated it to WM5 yet, maybe if I get some time during the next month.

Haven't had any problems with the screen, needs cleaned regularry if you sweat a lot or in dusty conditions (i.e. wiped it a couple of times a day during wheat harvest)

Another bonus of this phone if you live in a cellular deficient area, is the external antenna port that can be used with an external antenna or better yet a booster.

As far as the GPS details I don't remember off the top of my head, I'll have to look when I get back to the location I left it at. It didn't cost me much off of eBay.

Best Regards,

Lucas Haag

Edited by LHaag 7/30/2007 22:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)