AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WAAS Status - Garmin 17N
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/28/2007 08:02 (#179486)
Subject: WAAS Status - Garmin 17N

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
A few years back I sold my PF3000 with Garmn 17N GPS to a neighbor. This was at the time that I traded combines and seemed a logical time to switch to an Insight. Since his combine was the same model as my old one, I sold him the entire package.

We both got along fine with the Garmin 17N which was operating with WAAS. I assume it was using PRN #122. I anticipate some problems for him this harvest season since 122 will be decommissioned soon.

The Garmin website indicates that V 2.8 is the current receiver firmware version. This was released in 2006. I aslo notice that a new version of SNSRCFG is availabe which is quite new. I vaguely remember using an older verson of SNSCRCFG. This is a piece of PC software that is used to configure the receiver. This is the software that I used to set the NEMA strings etc. I anticipate that possibly this software would allow one to change the WAAS settings also.

I have not talked with the neighbor about this situation. Any advice or experience in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by tedbear 8/4/2007 09:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)