AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle waterers ?s Ritchies?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

lynn
Posted 10/19/2011 23:18 (#2011717 - in reply to #2008128)
Subject: RE: Cattle waterers ?s Ritchies?

NE IA
Since you’re going to get a ritchie I guess the omni would be my choice. That said I have franklins ' miraco ' bohlman ' and ritchie . Difference in my opinion goes like this . The energy free miraco's are a pain to clean, 3900 model I believe, they clean like a bathtub with the drain on the high end, and I really wish the man that made it was required to have his tub fixed like one of his waterers. Like Howdyjabo stated pass on anything that doesn't drain out. All my plastic waterers require more time to scrub off algae and slim coatings that they seem to create within themselves, but at least the franklins drain out. The Bohlmans clean quick and easiest of all mine but the cattle seem to stand and play or paddle the water out of them creating an always wet area around them, don't like that.
I have had cattle bust the corner off one of my plastic franklin waters, couldn't believe it but there it was, middle of the winter and I had to replace like yet this afternoon and new waterer has to fit the pad, that is how I got the Miraco. Bad day and regretful choice for replacement, I do think the heating element should be in the water not under the bowl heating air and steel. I do wonder about concrete waterer draining heat out of water and transferring it to the air more so than plastic because when we go below zero my plastic waterers have to have the ice buildup chipped off the top and sides or it eventually will close up so cattle can't reach the water but the concrete ones stay relatively free of ice, We'll see what Garvo says this winter, might just be me.

(bohlman1.jpg)

(bohlman2.jpg)

(bohlman3.jpg)

(franklin1.jpg)

(mirafount1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments bohlman1.jpg (10KB - 318 downloads)
Attachments bohlman2.jpg (11KB - 302 downloads)
Attachments bohlman3.jpg (8KB - 284 downloads)
Attachments franklin1.jpg (9KB - 316 downloads)
Attachments mirafount1.jpg (11KB - 290 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)