AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

10 x 100 bag of shelled corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Browncows
Posted 9/28/2011 11:18 (#1982253 - in reply to #1981532)
Subject: Re: 10 x 100 bag of shelled corn

Capac, Michigan
Are you planning on rolling it or grinding it before bagging or piling? Next thing is I don't think you can get a 10' bag any shorter than 150' unless you previously used some of it. I am guessing if rolled a 10x150 would hold roughly 7000 bushels. You could start feeding out of it rite away but it would be best if you could seal it up for a minimum of 2 weeks IMO. Pile 2 weeks worth on the cement pack it real good and cover it with plastic and LOTS of tires and feed that while waiting for bag. Then you will see which one works better for next time. A 10' bag is going to require alot of face removal a day. I would assume it costing about .20 cents a bushel includes rental of bagger and 10x 150 bag not including tractor. I think either way would work if you have enough animals to keep up with daily feed out and it would for sure need to be ground or rolled to pile on cement so it could be packed tight don't know how a bag would do. Hope this helps all prices are just rough estimates of what we pay for bagger rental.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)