AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to use for sides on hoop buildings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Seth_ia
Posted 9/7/2011 16:02 (#1950932)
Subject: What to use for sides on hoop buildings

I’m in the middle of constructing two hoop buildings for sheep. I’m working through my options for the sides of the buildings. I want to be able to use the building in the winter and the summer. I’m ruling out solid sides since it will be too hot in there for fat lambs during summer. I also need it to me warm enough in the winter to hold week old lambs and ewes. So my choices look like I have two options, either curtains or some kind of weather block fabric. I’ve seen the weather block fabric used on a building that held 500+ ewes all winter, but they were a pasture lambing flock and didn’t have to contend with lambs. I’m worried that weather blocker type fabric will not be sufficient, but I really like the idea of this option. Curtains would solve all my issues, but from what I’ve seen on hog building they don’t hold up that great, which makes the fabric sides the easier option. Plus the mechanics of this rolling up curtains seems difficult with the ratchets on the sides of the building. Does anyone have any pictures of how they installed curtains on a hoop building? Are there any options that I’m missing here? Right now I’m leaning curtains, but really don’t have a clue how to mount them. In input is greatly appreciated! TIA!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)