AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Purnia preconditioning/receiving chow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

chofarm
Posted 8/26/2011 17:44 (#1931699 - in reply to #1931001)
Subject: Re: Purnia preconditioning/receiving chow

East Central Kansas
Purina has 3 different precon feeds out. One is called straight precon I think, its the stuff that uses corn cobs or cottonseed hulls for filler it has some ground corn, and like 2 or 3 different pellets in it. That's the one they have had for a long time I worked for a guy in college that used it in a self feeder, you can feed some hay along with it, from what I've heard it works really well but it is expensive. They have two other precons, one is Precon15 one is Precon5, both are just a pelletizedd feed and are to be fed for 20 days or so. Precon 15 is to be fed 15 lbs phpd with no hay. Precon 5 is to be fed 5lbs phpd and free choice hay. Precon 5 was new like 2 years ago. I used precon5 last year and plan on using this year, I really liked the results with it and know several other guys who have been really happy with it. The stuff that uses fish oil as a limiter is called Accuration, I used it last year too and was happy w/ it other it really does smell terrible. I was told by my rep they are looking for a replacement for the fish oil as it is becoming too expensive to use.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)