AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autosteer compatibility
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 7/8/2007 08:26 (#171734 - in reply to #171707)
Subject: Re: Autosteer compatibility

Chebanse, IL.....

Wade

Thanks for detailed explanations.

But, my point, or question would be, do you (or anyone) think that it's possible to build a receiver that will receive any/all of the proprietary signals and disseminate 100% of the data needed for whatever systems are sitting in-line waiting for it? JD needs this part...Trimble needs that part...etc

I think DonG asked what would be the financial incentive...I think it would be tremendous. I wouldn't care if Trimble, JD, or Craftsman built such a universal RTK receiver...it would be valuable to the user (me) and to the supplier of the RTK signal. If a Trimble dealer has 10 customers drawing off his RTK xmitter paying $XXXX.00/yr and he could suddenly expand this to 30 customers, plus have the chance of selling that "universal receiver", I think it would be great. Especially in the light of relatively short range of the RTK & the seemingly expanding need for getting away from home base. Custom applicators of various types would really want this product. It does not mean the demise of non-universal applications either.

Again, let me clarify, I do not intend that we would be using anyone's RTK signal for free....unless they intend it that way.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)