AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whats some off the wall meat you have ate??? success or fail?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

JDTECH
Posted 7/11/2011 00:17 (#1857804 - in reply to #1857169)
Subject: RE: Whats some off the wall meat you have ate??? success or fail?

NEMO

My grandmother used to fry raccon that my grandfather brought home, but the meat was too greasy for me. Several years ago we visited my SIL in AZ and we had Rattle Snake at one of the local resturaunts. I'm not sure how it was prepared, but I remember that it was kind of a white meat, flaky and very tasty. I would definately try it again. There used to be a resturaunt in a nearby town that served exotic meats and we had Alligator tail in there one night. It too was very tasty. Had Black Bear burgers when we visited my cousin in CO, but I thought they were plenty greasy, yet had a really good taste. I really like Squirrel dipped in beaten eggs, rolled in flour and fried in a cast iron skillet with a little canola oil. Snapping Turtle is really good chunked up dipped in egg batter, rolled in flour and deep fried. Deer and Rabbit, I prepare the same way as Squirrel, except for the deer sausage and jerky of course. BBQ Mutton is to die for, and I 've had numerous species of fish as well as shrimp just about any way you can fix them. Love boiled lobster and Alaskan snow and King crab legs. Wild Turkey is great baked, smoked, but my fav is deep fried. I've tried Wild Duck and Goose, but I just haven't aquired a taste for them.  I'm really looking forward to the trip down south and try some authentic cajun cuisine. Ok. now all this talk about food is making me hungry. Guess I'll now start looking for my midnight snack a little early.................sigh........

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)