AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

polyrope/twine fence
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 4/8/2011 21:19 (#1714998 - in reply to #1714296)
Subject: Re: polyrope/twine fence

I used polywire and tape for stalk fields fall and winter. I like the poly string better than tape cause it doesnt get as heavy with ice and snow. Used step in poly posts. Built and tore down fence best with 2 people one to drive,one to step in posts and tighten string on every corner. Used black spools off hydralic hose from local guy who threw them away anyway. Had one for suspect bad wire. one for good wire and it would hold like 5 miles of string. Another for tape etc. Have enough it doesnt get too heavy. Used a piece of tubing across back of pickup tied on both sides to roll and unroll wire. Used a cordless 18v drill with a 4" sewer plug chucked in it to power roll it. Let the edges rolll on one another. Could actually pick up a mile myself in about an hour or so,,,drive along and pull posts thru window and toss in back. You have better luck pulling wire on ground than thru posts since knots hang you up. Can fashion a crank handle on side of reel too roll with but found it slower,more work, and tangled in it alot.

Always wanted to build a frame with a starter running off truck battery spinning a reel in a jig. Think it would have lots of power and work well. Also a quiver type thing to carry a few posts with would come in handy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)