AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ringing in my ears
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 4/8/2011 08:28 (#1714102 - in reply to #1714030)
Subject: Re: wise to schedule an appointment

West Union, Illinois

idea1947 - I think you would be wise to schedule an appointment with an Otolaryngologist (ear doctor).
I did that.  I have constant ringing in my ears to the point it interferes with conversations.  Specifically with my wife.  It is about the same tone as her voice and about half the time I have problems understanding her.  I can set in a restaurant and hear a conversation 10 feet away, but miss what she says.  I think she is finally starting to believe me.  She has noticed Ihave trouble with different individuals and others are no problem.

Maybe I just need to try another Dr.  The one I went to seems to be the one everyone in this area recommends.  He said "You're fairly young to be having this. We're going to be aggressive in trying to do something."  He gave me a prescription and left.

When I went out front to take care of the paperwork I asked about a follow up appointment "Oh, that isn't necessary".  I took my Rx to my regular pharmacy.  They refused to fill it without talking to the Dr. because it was contraindicated due to my diabetes.  They called the Dr office at 1:00 on Friday.  It was almost noon ... I forget if it was Monday or Tuesday ... before anyone returned the call and changed drugs.  It didn't do a thing for me.  After a couple refills I decided this was dumb and quit taking them.  Didn't change a thing.

Yeah, I just need to go find another doctor.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)