AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

garage door 1 or 2 doors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

boog
Posted 3/29/2011 00:12 (#1696560 - in reply to #1694756)
Subject: Re: garage door 1 or 2 doors

We put our 28'dx32'w garage up in the early '80s. It has 2 9'wx8'h doors with one 2" off the far wall & 3' between doors At the time it seemed huge. Once, my wife drove our '85 Buick Century in one dorr & drove it out the other door. I thought she was nuts & could see her getting it stuck sideways in the garage but she did it & only backed u once. Today it's none too big. If doing over I;d go at least 2' deeper & with a minimum of 10' wide doors. We have a Suburban & a Tahoe & while they both fit thru the door you do have to watch & get lined up pretty much in the center of the door. Tahoe has the folding mirror option which really makes it nice going thru the door.

Wife is retiring from her catering business this summer & we'll be getting rid of her Suburban as it belongs to the company. Then I'll be parking my pu in the garage instead of out in the shop. It's a Chevy HD 2500 extendacab with 8' bed. It will go in the gargae but we'll have to move some shelving in front of where it will park. Next pu I buy will have the folding mirrors option.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)