AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

please correct me if I am wrong
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 5/17/2007 06:45 (#150940 - in reply to #150709)
Subject: Re: please correct me if I am wrong

Aberdeen MS
I didn't get sucked up into the "market is calling for corn corn corn" this spring. Stayed with my normal rotation, but with just a tiny twist. Went back to putting wheat into the regime. I needed to spread my work load out.

05 had me at 55% corn, 2% hay, 43% beans.

06 it was 55% beans, 24% wheat, 2% hay, 19% corn. Up until Sept of 06 when the price exploded, it was the best lucky guess I ever made. High 60 bushel yield from the spring wheat at a marketed cash price of over $4 on 100% of the crop plus an added $30/ac yield from straw.

07 has me at 6% hay, 37% corn, 43% beans, 14% wheat. Decent pre sales so far, just not enough sold ahead. But it's tough to sell a high % without the seed even in the shed let alone in the ground.

08 will have me at 6% hay, 6% wheat, 50% beans, 38% corn. Unless something drastic changes the rotation.

So right or wrong John, I'm on the same train as you are. I don't partake directly in the ethanol game, we didn't get on board that train 10 yrs ago when the shares were cheap (but risky then, the Marshall MN ethanol plant was still fresh in our minds), and at this stage of the game for me, I'm not interested in investing at a late stage in the game (my game, not the ethanol game).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)