AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tough day [ pic. ]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

tc806
Posted 3/15/2011 21:16 (#1672251)
Subject: Tough day [ pic. ]

Casey IL. ( I -70 ) then south on rt.49
I had a cow calve on ahill [steep ] about 30' to the bottom and so strate up and down I could not stand up.
Will the calf had sled or rolled down about half way and there he was in multiple rose and under a grape vine. The only thing good at this point was this cow is are faverate and you can pet her so she was no trouble, othr then you could not get her to move out from between me and the top of the hill. Trying to push her out of the way will holding on to the calf and not sliding down hill futher was defficult to say the least. We just had 1" of rain all night and day on top of mud already. Thanks for cell phone and for once it worked , so called wife to come and help. So she had to get ready , boots coat cloves and so on . Then walk 1/2 mi back to me, because I already had the gator and could not let go of the calf because thcreek was running full at the bottom opf the hill and had already got him untaggeled so he would slide in the creek now. Kind of up creek with out a paddle. Will she got there and we got calf up the hill in to the gator and out to flat pasture, where they are all right . Here are a coupl pic. before and after.

(on hill 3 15 .jpg.jpg)

(hot dog after hill 3 15 11,jpg.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments on hill 3 15 .jpg.jpg (72KB - 111 downloads)
Attachments hot dog after hill 3 15 11,jpg.jpg (98KB - 110 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)