AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2 Monitors & Mice, one computer....??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chip
Posted 5/7/2007 14:57 (#147486 - in reply to #147393)
Subject: RE: 2 Monitors & Mice, one computer....??

http://www.realvnc.com/

There is a free version that will allow you to do what you want. Will allow you access w/out the user being there--unlike the experience I have w/ the utility included with XP (Windows Remote?). This was a lot easier to setup than Windows Remote (or whatever it is, can't remember). Gives you full control of any other computer on your network without the user being on the computer to accept you taking control. This will allow you to view the other user's screen in a window. When the window with their computer is active, your mouse controls their computer, and your keyboard controls their computer. If I am working in my window (like I am now writing this post), I can view two other computers (more I suppose if I want) on my network, and I can instantly hop over to 'their' window to help them.

(Edit: When using VNC, either user can control the computer. I use VNC to talk on th ephone with the user while watching the user operate the program. Practically easier than setting physically by them, as I can take over at any second.....all they have to do is quit typing or moving the mouse---or if we are both moving the mouse, it gets a bit erratic! The users I help are several miles away, and it works fine over a wireless network--but again I have a pretty robust wireless network. endEdit)

It helps a lot if you have a larger screen (than the person you are helping), and even better if you are running dual monitors.

Edited by Chip 5/7/2007 15:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)