AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for help locating a past thread
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

FarmerFrank
Posted 2/19/2011 10:51 (#1622916 - in reply to #1622799)
Subject: Re: thanks torn...

NE Iowa
Well, not quite the same deal! The wife and I are headed back to good ol' Ioway, driving it straight through, 25 hrs. Driving time. Anyway, it was Amorillo, TX. Not OK city @ 2:30am and we pull into a Cheveron station right off Interstate 40. Pull up to the pump and a SUV pulls around the pump on the other side, gal(probably in her early 30s) says she is headed to OK City and doesn't have money for gas, says all she has is a debit card for child support stuff, and won't take it for gas.

Long story short, reached the hose over to her car, put in $35 and then thinking about it afterward figure I probably got took, and will be better prepared to ask more questions next time around.

My feeling is that she was setting there waiting for someone and has done this type of thing before. Maybe not, and the $35 isn't the big thing, but why does the working stiff have to keep paying for those who can't/won't.....as I stated she already had a debit card for child care....which maybe someone can explain further, something to replace welfare money, I presume!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)