AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Squeeze chutes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 2/7/2011 08:28 (#1598439 - in reply to #1598133)
Subject: RE: The reason I'm mad at Powder River......

I bought the new chute 7 or so years ago, it was a piece of junk Roy. The very first time I went to use it to test bulls, the first bull thru the chute popped the carriage head 1/2" bolts right off that held those notched half moon ratchet pieces. The bulls would just make the whole frame just flex in and out. By the time we had run 60 bulls thru, they had completely wore the half moon ratchet pieces out for head catch and side squeeze.

My vet that was there that day, whose office had sold it to me, just stood in shock over how much cheaper they had made them. Vet said call into office and have them call Powder River to trade us out of manual chute to Hyd. Well I tried, Powder River wouldn't trade even though this chute was only one week old. Powder River ended up giving me two sets of ratchets the first year. They had made them out of real junk cast iron. There hyd. chute is a real piece of junk today. They say right in ads, not for heavy use. I also had to weld bars across the top front of chute to keep animals from jumping up and bending linkages for head catch.

I've got 3 of the older PR chutes, they are far superior to this new one. It is a good design, but just too light of metal in it.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 2/7/2011 08:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)