AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Womens Coats!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 2/7/2011 10:31 (#1598672 - in reply to #1589055)
Subject: RE: Womens Coats!

Blooming where I am planted!

I'm 5'10", let's just say I hope I lose some weight once I get out on the farm and have more opportunity for physical activity.  I'm not as tall as some and the sleeve length on a plus-size coat is usually enough for me, but could be a scoch longer.

I have a Berne women's coat, it's kind of a muted, dusty red color.  If it's the right type of garment, you could always play around to see if you can dye it a color you like.  I do that with some clothes--just realize that the thread might be poly/cotton and will not take the dye as well as pure cotton will.  Also take into account the color the item is to start with--it's not like starting from a white garment (unless the garment IS white to start!).

You're right though, men's coats do not fit the same...I have hips and the men's coats come in too narrow in that area.  Also the men's clothes do not account for the curves up top.  I must say though that I love the sleeve length on a men's coat.

I know that it is nigh on impossible for me to shop at thrift stores since I am hard to fit.  The pants are too short, and for some reason the women's thrift store tops' sleeves tend to be too short.  When I buy them new, they tend to be OK WITH the exception of button-down, long-sleeve shirts--those sleeves are almost always too short.  I have really good luck with the Lee Instantly Slims You line--I get them in Talls and I think that is a 32" inseam. I know Talls are usually 34-36" but every manufacturer seems to size theirs differently.

You didn't ask about pants, but on Shopko.com, they have tall jeans pants for a reasonable price.  Shopko is a mass merchandiser like Wal-Mart and I like their selection. When I lived in Wisconsin, I used to shop there all the time, and they have an online store too.   I recall seeing several 34" lengths there for women.

Edited by amsunshine 2/7/2011 10:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)