AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Robotic milker auction
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Bernie nw ON
Posted 1/21/2011 10:17 (#1562900 - in reply to #1561254)
Subject: RE: Robotic milker auction

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Great White North

NOT a good buy. Too high, prices shown are without 10% buyer's premium. I was watching it with a Lely salesman and a Lely district rep, certainly was interesting. I checked the robots out two weeks ago, they are still installed in the barn and have been infested with mice, so a consideration would need to be taken the potential of wiring and plumbing being chewed inside.  Those machines are very complicated, mouse problems could be very expensive to track down and fix.

The lowest one went for $107k with buyer's premium,  the highest $121k with premium, and they still need to be cleaned up and serviced. A new one of the same model is $130k US or $150k Canadian, full warranty. Tell me which is the better deal :)

For those who asked - the farm still milks cows, in the old parlor, but we were told they have filed for whatever chapter of bankruptcy. I bid on the units up to $60k, but then they took off and I watched the show. I am still looking at robots, of course Lely would love to sell me new ones!

Edited by Bernie nw ON 1/21/2011 10:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)