AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Huge Scare Yesterday - Missing Child that really wasn't
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Iowa Quality Hay
Posted 1/11/2011 10:05 (#1541252)
Subject: Huge Scare Yesterday - Missing Child that really wasn't

Grabill, Indiana
Yesterday about one-half hour after my children arrived home from school I received a call from the neighbor's babysitter with the question: "have you seen Johnny? Did he ride the bus with your children." My son said that Johnny was on the bus.

Two minutes later Johnny's mom called with the same query. She answered with "Johnny isn't home".

Five minutes later she called again with same questions.

Ten minutes after that the Director of Transportation for our school district called with the same question.

Ten minutes later a neighbor calls with "Johnny's missing".

My daughter and wife returned from riding lessons at 5:00. They were questioned by a Sheriff's Deputy when they tried to enter our 1/2 mile long driveway. All daughter could add was "There was a red car at the end of Johnny's driveway".

Fifteen minutes after they arrived home Volunteer Firefighter knocked at our door asking for more information on this red car.

Ten minutes after the firefighter left we receive a call with the exclamation of "They found Johnny!"

Apparently Johnny's Grandmother decided to meet him at the school bus, then take him to her home for an afternoon together. Unfortunately she did not talk with Johnny's parents and the parents didn't think to call Grandma until my children mentioned the red car and another neighbor told of the red car driving back to Johnny's house then leaving.

Talk about an emotional roller coaster ride. We were so thankful this missing boy was due to a relative and not something sinister.

We used this as another teaching opportunity for our children on safety. I hope they never have to use things we talked about.

Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)