AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did your little miss's like her present?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

trakman
Posted 12/27/2010 17:34 (#1509638)
Subject: Did your little miss's like her present?

Central Kansas
Mine did..................but though I was going to have to "duck" if she decided to take a swing at me...LOL. It wasn't about the present, it was how I put everything together. She wanted a "remote start" for her new car. OK. that's fair enough considering I have remote start on my PU. Went to the store to inquire about one of these for the car the first week of November........fella said he could install it the Monday after Thanksgiving............OK, now comes the challenge of coming up with some excuse to get the car from her on that day and send her to work in my PU. We had had an issue with a low tire symbol coming up on the dash,................long story short, after 2 tire fix's FINALLY found a small wire in one of the tires so that eliminated the warning problem for good.........UNTIL under the cover of darkness one morning, I go out and let some air out of the tire. Going to church that Sunday before the Monday install, the dreaded (HA HA) light came on. Told the wife, "That's it, taking it in to the Ford dealership tomorrow morning and have this problem fixed once and for all!" told her she would take my PU to work that day, which she did. After she left to go to work, I put air back in the tire and BINGO, the light go's out Take the car for the install and had everything hidden so she could see nothing. Told her the Ford dealership had to put a new sensor in the car to fix the problem.

Fast forward, wrapped the 2 key FOB's up as a present and put them under the tree a few days before Xmas. She opened the present, noted that they were key fobs for a remote start and the next comment was "When do we have to take the car in for installation?" I then said, "Heck, it's been in there since Thanks giving". We'll that where I though I was going to have to duck but being the understanding little women she is, everything is OK! Showed her how to use it and off she went to work this morning after she remote started it, in a nice warm car.(and no tire symbol)

Oh, what fun I have had with this...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)