AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

does anyone else wonder?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tigger
Posted 12/27/2010 10:14 (#1509007 - in reply to #1507828)
Subject: RE: does anyone else wonder?

Iowa

English was always my worst subject in school.  There are reasons why I believe it is important to improve and get it right.  I like to know if there is something I'm doing wrong.  Likewise, I appreciate it when my wife quietly tells me I forgot to zip up my fly.  On the other hand, if she proclaimed to the whole world (or to a public messsage board) my fly was down, I'd likely appreciate her help a little less.  I would not expect a positive response if I started to pointing out someone's grammar errors on these boards. 

Most of the time while writing, I get that feeling of a cold draft (figuratively, not literally) like my fly is down.  It obviously bothers some more than others.  Some know they have poor grammar and seem to have no intentions to improve.  Poor grammar in my world can set me apart from the herd, and not in a good way.  The value of any point I'm trying to make is the same regardless of my grammar.  Sometimes getting that point accross with exceptional elegance and clarity makes all the difference when it comes to getting others to understand and take it seriously.   I'm pretty much like a blind squirrel looking for a nut in these regards,  but it's great to find one once in a while.

This post was edited for spelling.:)  not that it was a complete success....

Edited by tigger 12/27/2010 10:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)