AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finished up my Talc applicator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 4/16/2007 23:10 (#138065)
Subject: Finished up my Talc applicator

NE SD

Several weeks ago I had asked in a thread where I could find a slow 12v motor without spending a bunch of money. Several suggested using some sort of actuator. Just so happens we had a couple of concave adjusting actuators off of 9x00 combines that are just what I was looking for(not sure on why as they've been there several years although one was bent). My uncle had a Gandy inoculator that I was going to be using for this project and it had a 120v motor on it. Simply reversing the sprockets on the unit itself gave "close" to the correct speed. I may install a rheostat to slow the unit way down as it seems to flow better if the gates are wide open.

Thanks for the advice guys. Hopefully the motor holds up. I've got another ready to roll if this one doesn't hold up. I ran 4 buckets of talc through it without stopping and the motor never did get warm. We will see. Should speed up fills by a bunch rather than raking it in. Hopefully the corn hitting in the head of the conveyor will be enough agitation but if worst comes to worse I may have to quickly build a ladder type drop unit to go above the spout.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)