AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bonomos Turkish Taffy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

boog
Posted 12/22/2010 08:21 (#1500347)
Subject: Bonomos Turkish Taffy

Anybody remember Bononoms Turkish Taffy bars? I use to love them as a kid but hadn't seen any since the mid '60s. I was tewlling my wife about them awhile back & low & behold she comes home with one Monday from Christmas shopping. I asked her where she found them at & she said "Cracker Barrel", she had been in there buying "stocking stuffer" for the grandkids.

It's sitting on the kitchen counter and I lick my lips every time I walk by but so far I'm just savoring it. Will eat it on Christmas Day. This one is the banana flavor though strawberry was my favorite. I checked online & it seems the company was bought out by Hersheys who discontinued them in 1988 and have just come back out with them for a limited time.

While on-line I checked out some old time candies & sodas that I enjoyed as a kid. Many are being reproduced by specialty comopanys. One soda I really liked as a kid was "Grappette" soda. Haven't seen that since the late '50s, early '60s. The company is still in business but moved overseas & dropped their North American sales. Well, it seems that the founder of Wal-Mart like "Grapette" as well and tried to bring it back. Walmart has finally aquired the sales rights & formula and is selling it as "Wa-Mart Grapette". Looks like I'll have to break my policy of not shopping at Wal-Marts and buy me a six-pack. :~)

Find what you enjoyed as a kid

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/1950s-Candy_c_55-2-3.html

Edited by boog 12/22/2010 08:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)