AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We just got started whit Angus...again. Pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Traveling Man
Posted 11/23/2010 01:52 (#1449101 - in reply to #1447791)
Subject: Re: Answer's and question about grass fed

Finland, up there in north where noboby farms!
Thank's folks!

"why don't you have more cattle right now"..... Just gonna say there is wasn't any on cattle on a farm when we started -04 and now we need think it over again and after situation in family we had chance to offer home for these cows. We got building, all gear in family to take care of cows and long heritage (wife side) of breeding Angus. We also have another better building than this one so we could get over 150 heads under the roof. Not really pastures, but economicly reasonable to but grass and leave small grains of so we can solve that too. So, I would say we have lot of key elements on our hands.... "Looks like you had better get more".......Probably, or is there reason why not??????

Weather right now is perfect, 20 F makes it dry, very little work to keep cows clean. It will get down to -20F on some point and it is darn cold. Hopefully it will not last long.

Main combine...heh...Yes, it is main and only one!!!!! Sampo Rosenlew 2045, 13' platform, around 125 hp or so, walkers, etc.... 300 ac 7 year = 80 hours, so I think I'm gonna hang whit that size. 2001 it is and got +800 hour on it now. Don't really need 35' soon....

What is your comment about grass fed beef? Not saying it is superior, just looking something that customers would like and finding our meat market straight from ranch to user.

Edited by Traveling Man 11/23/2010 06:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)