AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First time pheasant hunting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

chadincolo
Posted 11/19/2010 14:29 (#1443810)
Subject: First time pheasant hunting

Lander, WY
No, not me, grew up chasing the dang things. :-) My middle son got his hunter safety card this fall, went out for opening weekend last weekend, and as typical most of the pheasants won. Did get one, unfortunately jumped up on my side, so my son didn't get it. He did get to shoot at one, and had a hen jump up about 5-6 feet in front of him. I yelled hen, he looked at me and said "That almost made me pee my pants!". Funny thing is, I know the feeling, amazing how much racket they make and how much you jump when they come out of a clump of grass at your feet! Needless to say, he had a ball and is definitely a hunter! Saturday night went in for the annual VFW Oyster Fry, been going to that for a "few" years too, Mom can remember her Dad going to it, so they've been holding it for a few years more than I've been around.

Hunting the shorter grass, areas were shoulder high on him.
Photobucket

Resting on a tree after walking a few miles. Yes, there are trees in NE Colorado...probably 10 or so... :-P
Photobucket

Heading out in the snow.
Photobucket

Photobucket

She's not really a bird dog, more a bird, or rabbit, or mouse, or something smells funny dog... She will flush things though. :-)
Photobucket
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)