AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Suspected scam
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ford2110
Posted 11/14/2010 19:01 (#1435865)
Subject: Suspected scam

Found this listing on craigslist in my area, but the person was from Oregon http://rockford.craigslist.org/for/2042499549.html

Failed to answer some questions about the tractor and when I pointed out the geographic delima and said that it wouldn't work for me and that I hoped they'd sell it, I got this reply:  "I dont know why my tractor ended up in your area.My nephew listed the tractor and looks like he listed the tractor in a wrong location.I am not good with computers either..anyway i can take care of shipping.
 I have a contract with eBay so we can go through eBay Vehicle Protection Program.
   According with  the eBay you have 7 days after you receive the tractor to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
1.First of all I will need  the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. You will receive the invoice with the details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the tractor to you. After you receive the tractor you will have 7 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the tractor.  If you will decide to buy, then I will get  money from ebay .
5. If you will decide that you do not buy the tractor,  eBay will refund your payment and I will contact shipping company to  pick up my tractor from your address . If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I look forward to hearing from you .

Thank you"

I call scam

Edit: the name that shows up with the email is "Erica Parker"  

Edited by ford2110 11/14/2010 19:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)