AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hand lotion for us guys ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 10/22/2010 21:32 (#1403805 - in reply to #1400025)
Subject: RE: Hand lotion for us guys ?

West Union, Illinois

Personally, I think hand lotion and while I'm at it, chapstick is unneccessary and a waste of money...
I used to feel that way too ... then I hit 50.  Dr calls it atopic dermatitis.  That's Doctor words for "hurts like h*** and I don't know what to do about it"

Thanks to friend and family I have been given almost every hand creme and lotion available to try.  Vaseline and  gloves at night is an excellent therapy, but it will only last me until late morning. Cornhusker's lotion is just an irritant for me, same with bag balm.  The lotion mentioned in the black and white tubes isn't too bad.

The absolute best stuff I have is a prescription of betamethasone dipropionate (yes, I copied that off the tube) with .05% active ingredient.  Yes, you read right, 5 hundreths of one percent active ingredient. And for the price it better be REALLY good stuff. If the Doc messes up and doesn't check the OK to use generic box it's $100+ a tube.  The generic version is LOTS less.

The best non-prescription stuff I've found is from The Body Shop.  I love it, my wife HATES the odor.  Absolutely HATES it.  And when I'm using it some of my ... umm ... we'll just say old friends ...  get this funny look on their faces when they smell it.

Hemp Hand Protector from The Body Shop works.  I've often wanted to wear it around a drug sniffing dog to see his reaction.

http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/prod5950023

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)