AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

blog discussion of the inflation of the 80's and how it could be relevant to today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

billybob
Posted 9/18/2010 19:14 (#1364738 - in reply to #1364494)
Subject: Re: blog discussion of the inflation of the 80's and how it could be relevant to today

Many true statements made. 

Question is how can we help each other now that we know there is such a mess?

Is it not true that economies run in cycles like this?  I mean cycles from 40 to 60 years.  So what is new is really old.

Maybe not every one can share in the blame.  I mean how many times do I have to tell my elected representatives to be financially responsible, and they are not ?  Writing those letters for years with no results does put the blame on those who are in office I am afraid.  They are the ones who cast the final vote.  My opinion is that this economy is not reversible.  I read one of Mr. John Burns papers he posted from a different source and I believe it claimed that only one time in all of history, that this author could find, did an economy correct it self and save the country.  That was in the year 1815 by the British.  Not all Brit's could vote then, I think only those who owned property.  It was painful, but the country raised taxes, cut spending and straighten things out.  I believe the paper also stated that any country the spent more on debt interest or maybe it was debt interest and debt payments than the total sum of the defense was cooked.  It never was able to straighten out their economy.  I think in 6 years we will have reached that financial point.  I don't think we have politicians who will turn things around in the next 6 years.  The odds are against it happening.

So back to the important question.  What can we do to help each other prepare for the future?

Those that aim at nothing hit it every time. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)