AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Overall Comment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 9/11/2010 04:39 (#1354993)
Subject: Overall Comment

The primary reason I posted a week ago that I would post most of my comments on the website to avoid the risk of transforming 'grain marketers' into 'speculators' is this: One thing I do know about myself "I am very competitive & when I get both teeth into a position, whether long or short" -old habits of intimidation of 'the other side of a trade'--or as the spouse tells folks "he is disgusting to be around when he is right."

So, once again, its back to the website.

I am going through the commitment of traders. At this moment we are in the 'heat of emotion'--a poor time to make decisions. Murphy is always around.

Some markets (old days) were subject to "locals grip" -Lumber, Pork Bellies, Feeder Cattle--all three have long been on my 'no trade' list as 'they can run in one direction, under the influence of helping hands, absent a break until the move is over.

Soybeans can also be in this category, except the market is giant now, as compared to pit trading.

Corn is different. This market is treacherous in here....my old rule, I like to watch the market the next session following a report. Monday will reveal more than today, in my opinion.

The old saying, 'when you are in the middle of the swamp & butt deep in alligators, it is easy to lose sight of your original objective "to only cross the swamp."

Corn is a trender...but usually -with some patience--price reactions do occur.

http://www.perspicuousrisk.com/

I will post commitment of traders later this morning.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)