AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Time to load up another powder keg
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 9/11/2010 07:29 (#1355034 - in reply to #1354221)
Subject: RE: Time to load up another powder keg

North Central Illinois
I think there may be some truth to what you say. We haven't heard much from the good areas. Largely I think because the good areas this year are going to all be in the north where harvest has yet to start. We know Minnesota and parts of the Dakotas have good corn. It won't come as any surprise when the big yield reports start coming in from there. Right now the big question mark in my mind is Iowa. What kind of crop does the northern two thirds of Iowa have? I would think we will start to hear some reports from there soon. I had thought all summer that Nebraska and Kansas were headed toward record yields. From what I'm hearing that does not appear to be the case. A lot of decent yields but no record breakers. Kind of waiting to hear more on that. Northern Illinois is kind of like Minnesota. They haven't really started harvesting up there so we are not hearing the big yields yet. The southern two thirds of Illinois is running way behind the last five years. My area has a respectable corn crop but easily 30 bu below our five year average. Indiana will have some good crops and some not so good. Same for Ohio. What I have described is lot a of variability. Way too much of it for a really big crop. There will for sure be some really good corn. There most always is. I just don't think it is going to offset the other stuff this year. I'm still thinking the crop stays above 160 but time will tell.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)