AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I wasnt going to post this.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

whitedirtfarmer
Posted 8/26/2010 21:18 (#1333910 - in reply to #1333872)
Subject: I have been harvesting some corn the last few days.....

So far the yields have been about 5 to 10 bushels below my expectations. Most generally yields have ran 110-150 with moistures in the 16-20% range. Shelling some 112 day corn today and expected a yield of 140-150 and prolly about 10 less than that(just guessing as it is going into bins at this point). I am reading stuff like this happening all over the country side. Talked to a friend today in the south central region of Illinois and started shelling a little and he found what he expected to be 180-200 was turning out to be 150-160. He attributed this to just plain old too much heat even though he had plenty of rainfall all summer. My gut tells me that farmpro11 is probably closer to right than usda or profarmer, but we will see in time. I still remember just a few years ago having national yields of 149(07) and 153(08). I am sure I will be corrected if that is wrong but this seems much more realistic to me considering the weather patterns we have had this year but what do I know, I am just an dumb ol' white dirt farmer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)