AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Traditions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Chuck WI
Posted 8/22/2010 18:35 (#1327420)
Subject: Traditions

How many have traditions you do as a family or with friends? My sister started one a couple years ago on her 60th birthday. She said she didn't want a big party, she just wanted to go out to eat with her siblings.  So that is what we did and had a nice time.

Yesterday was my 60th birthday so my wife decided instead of going out to eat we would do a dinner at home. The only catch was our three boys and there wives would do the cooking and serve us. We had planned a dinner in the vinyard but with all of the mosquitos this year we moved it to the patio.

The menu was, Potato leek soup, made by our oldest son, with homemade bread made by our second son, A spinach salad with manderin oranges and raspberries topped with feta cheese with a poppyseed dressing made by our youngest son. The main course was pork tenderloin on the grill with sweet corn ala cob, and couscous.

Instead of birthday cake we had apple pie with peaches, raspberries and blueberries and ice cream on top. Along with the meal was wine that was produced from the vinyard by our son Ryan.

It was by far one of the most enjoyable birthdays i have ever had.

The first picture is the five siblings with spouses, I am the one with the white beard. The second is our waitstaff.

(IMG_1566.jpg)

(IMG_1548.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1566.jpg (61KB - 258 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1548.jpg (56KB - 242 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)