AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WY, MT, or AB, Canada Vacation Tips
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

willvr
Posted 8/26/2010 00:31 (#1332777 - in reply to #1326615)
Subject: Southern Alberta ideas

Bow Island, Alberta
I would definitely take the Logan's Pass route in Glacier. A day in Waterton is nice, similar to Glacier and Banff, but not as busy. I always like driving to Waterton, go from prairie to Rockies in less than a mile!

A day to Drumheller and the Tyrell museum is well worth it, not just for the museum, but also for the scenery in the valley.

If you are interested in seeing some other crops, they would be in the irrigated area. The best route to drive would be from Lethbridge to Bow Island, or the section fron Vauxhall to Taber. Feel free to email me (in profile) if you would like more specific info about Southern Alberta sites or crops. eg sugar beets, hybrid seed canola, potatoes, edible beans, field peas, lentils, timothy hay for export, spearmint, dill, chickpeas, alfalfa, hemp and catnip (and that's all within 10 miles of my house!).

And be ready for any weather. Forecast for here tomorrow is 35C ((95F) but Banff is forecasting rain for the weekend, with lows of freezing (so it will likley snow above the town).

Edited by willvr 8/26/2010 01:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)