AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Next Run-up in corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Flyguy
Posted 8/8/2010 10:41 (#1305954)
Subject: Next Run-up in corn

I was just thinking, the first run up we had I think there was a lot of farmer selling. There was a lot of corn still held by producers. It was discussed on here how many took advantage and sold some, me included. The second run same deal with a bunch of new crop sales too, me included. There was a bunch of funds or whatever buying,but there was a lot of producer selling. Thats why we went from up $0.25 to only up $0.03 at closing? Anybody thinking same? If this is the case, maybe next run will hold a little longer? Producers holding on a little longer?
First time posting, been reading quite a while, you guys share a lot of great info. Only small farmer,work fulltime off farm too. Dream to farm fulltime,know that an't possible, quick list - almost 36, live in North central Iowa,have neighbors with huge pockets that buy/rent up everything. Farming is my passion. Trying my ass off to aquire so my kids aleast will have the chance to farm fulltime if they choose. My 2 friends that also grew up on the farm and dream of farming full time, and I have concluded, we are from what we call the the "lost generation" Family have been farmers since the bigining of time, but, we are the first generation of farmers that can't "be" farmers if you know what I mean. I just hope my generation only lasts once. The older I get the more I believe, Life is about timing. Don't need to tell you guys about the 80's
Crops look really good here, minus the drown-outs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)