AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2011 spring wheat Tara ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 8/6/2010 14:03 (#1303550 - in reply to #1303403)
Subject: Re: 2011 spring wheat Tara ?

Red River Valley
420c the risk is that July is old crop IE 2010 wheat and September is new crop If Russia is the problem everyone thinks it is then your risk is that they try to clean out the bottom of the bins like spring 2008 and you end up with a $4.00 inversion and nothing is worth that kind of preassure. Can you do it sure but you better manage it carefully and if it get to your stated goal don't get greedy. I think that at some point wheat put's flat to small carry back into The July- Sept spread but if it is not there by late Jan. early Feb. I take what the market offers good or bad and don't think somehow I can get lucky if it works good but if on Feb. 10 the Inversion is a .60 you better be able to live with it and take your lose because chances are it won't get better and somebody want's this years wheat more than they want next years!!!

quick answer is it can be done but you need to be trader quick not marketer quick.

Good luck and last night the trade bought another 1/4 of wheat from ME and I hedged it in the March cbot and will try to roll it out. so I understand what you are asking as soon as May or July get carry I'm there if Sept. gets flat or MGEX goes premium I will get to there. the one nice thing about this program is that July is new crop for cbot so getting there is easier.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)