AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This isn't the boiler room last time I checked
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 8/6/2010 09:06 (#1303208)
Subject: This isn't the boiler room last time I checked

Don has been good enough to provide a forum where we can bash each other as much as we want for whatever reason.

However, this isn't it.

It's not necessarily bad to keep each other honest here and frankly some like agtrader bring it on with the style of his posts. However, DJM, WYDAVE, TC806, SC and many others thoughtfully put their findings of their research here for us to consider. None of these guys mind giving reasons for their conclusions, but the point isn't to cut down the poster - especially if you don't have any of your own research/reasons. It's one thing to banter back and forth based on differing, valid points of view, but it's not constructive to just call the poster names (basically what's going on).

I think most of us who post here put a lot of thought into the post. Marketing is something that makes us all look stupid at times, but we still want to be able to make the best decision with the best information available. What better way than to have a conversation with everyone from novices (beginners luck works too) to folks doing their own research and math to folks who have done this forever. Sometimes it leaves me more confused than before, but usually I understand the market just a little better every day.

As for Monday, DJM made an excellent/home run type call - couldn't call it any better. His only problem is he doesn't have political ties to Russia or a direct phone line to their 'usda' - apparently nobody does based on the market reaction.

Lets be grown ups and settle down,

Thanks,

Pat

Edited by Pat H 8/6/2010 22:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)