AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A little example of how selling carry works
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 8/4/2010 23:55 (#1301546 - in reply to #1301038)
Subject: how high can wheat go. the 1 million $ question

Red River Valley
I have no Idea I can lay out a program that say's wheat is over priced tonight ( as it goes higher) things I'm looking at is 1) spreads are narrowing 2) acres are being bought ( im a seller are you) 3 the US still can't win a tender on the International market 4) the Us has a 1.1 bb carryover that is at this point IMHO getting larger and with all of that said emotion still rules.

how high I think that we will know when it happens but I think getting something sold at that point will be tuff ???

I know the wheat market can not let an Inversion happen it will get burried in wheat ( to much product ) the Inversion will not happen in the sept. - dec. ( the commercial are making to much money to let the Index funds out without paying a roll price) if Dec. - March invert I'm a seller with both hands (spec)

As of tonight trains of margianl protien wheat ( 12% or lower ) can be loaded out of MGEX and deliverd to CBOT at a very good profit, it will or is happening a lot of things happen in wheat between clases that signal an end but to go higher DNS ( spring wheat) has to lead ( quality) shows the way and as of right now CBOT is at a premium.

In time we I think are at an end game in price 4 days can mean 6.00

good luck I will sell some wheat every day while it goes up I would love to raise nothing but wheat in 2012
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)