AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Platform bed vs. box springs & mattress
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 8/1/2010 12:44 (#1296419)
Subject: Platform bed vs. box springs & mattress

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
I don't mean to hijack Illinois Steve's thread on mattresses below but I had another question mattresses. The wife says it time to buy a new bedroom set after almost 34 years of using our current one we bought new as newlyweds.

We stopped in Omaha yesterday at N.F.M. & found the bedroom set we want but are torn as to what style of bed frame to get. You can get the traditional box spring-mattress combination or the what they call platform bed where you only use a mattress with no box spring. The bed frame is built up high & has a solid frame for the mattress to sit on which leaves room drawers under the bed. This really appeals to the wife because our bedroom is not real big & I know she would enjoy the extra storage space.

My question is does anybody out there have a platform bed & are they just has comfortable has the box-mattress combo? The sales lady that was helping us said she has never slept on a platform bed but thought the combo would be better. She did go on to say however they sell alot of the platform beds.

Will the mattress sitting on a piece a plywood be a mistake for comfort? Was thinking of using the California mattress if we did go the platform route.

T.I.A.
Mark

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)