AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No comments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 7/28/2010 23:14 (#1292242 - in reply to #1291803)
Subject: Re: Illinois Steve...that wasn't nice

North Central Illinois
You go ahead and plant your conventional or bin run or whatever the hell you want. The traits pay on my farm year in year out. Yes, we do yield checks with the traits versus the refuge and there is always enough of an increase to pay the freight on the traits. We are in a very hot area for rootworm pressure. I think that is the main reason that the VT3 is a money maker for us. Insecticide just won't hold and give the kind of control that the rootworm trait does. If you live in an area that is fortunate to not have a lot of pressure I could see where it might not pay. Guess what? Don't plant it. Its that simple. Do whatever works for you on your farm. Don't judge me for what I do on my farm though. The good news for haters of Monsanto and traits in general is that there is a shift by the seed companies back toward providing some more options in conventional hybrids. Lets face it they haven't been putting the cream of the crop genetics in their conventional programs for several years. They are starting to see that there is a demand for it and are responding. I think it is a win win for everybody. The guys that don't want traits are going to have more options and the guys that do want them are going to be paying less for them because Monsanto is squirming a little right now. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)