AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electrical Connectors To Replace Lighter 12 V
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 3/18/2007 09:38 (#121612 - in reply to #121601)
Subject: Re: Electrical Connectors To Replace Lighter 12 V

South Georgia
I have a friend who has used some regular 120V plugs for this sort of stuff. I'd say if you do that, use the higher amperage ones (with one blade perpendicular to the other one), because it'd be harder for somebody to find a wall outlet that would accept it, giving you a little more protection from damage.

I use the single round connectors, the same size as the prongs in the four-wire-flat pigtale on your truck. If you have a need for more than two wires, you can get them made together in a two, three, or four wire flat connector (like on your truck, but with two, three, or four connections), and if you need some electricity for test purposes, you can plug into your truck's pigtale and turn on the lights, and you don't have jumper wires and alligator clips to fool with.

Made a electric control for my hooded sprayer last year, with two of the four-wire flat connectors to hook the controller up to the sprayer. I marked them to keep them from being hooked up wrong, but I wish I'd used a 4 and a 3, so it'd be a little more obvious.

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)