AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dental costs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 7/22/2010 18:55 (#1284114 - in reply to #1282219)
Subject: RE: Dental costs

North Central Illinois
Yeah it ain't cheap. My dentist is a little on the pricey side but he is really good. He has never steered me wrong on any of the procedures he has reccomended. He did root canal a couple of years ago and told me that I really ought to consider having it crowned so that I did not break the tooth. I thought he was just trying to sell be a $1000 crown. Well, guess what? Last November during harvest I bit down one night on something and cracked that damn thing. Cracked pretty much all the way down past the gum line. He said "Game over". It needs to be pulled. Its in a spot where I really do need to have something there. He told me he could put a bridge in for about $3000 or an implant for about $5000. He claims the implant will last at least twice as long as the bridge and look and feel better. I'm not done yet but he should have me finished up by harvest. He was also on my case to have a wisdom tooth pulled for about five years. It wasn't bothering me any but he finally explained to me that the wisdom tooth was weakening my jaw and that eventually I could crack my jaw. After the business with the cracked tooth needing an implant I wasn't in the mood to call his bluff. I had the wisdom tooth out. I didn't feel like finding out what it is like to have my jaw wired shut. I don't know why denistry has to cost so darned much but it does. I think a lot of it is liability. That and the fact that the dentist is making a pile of money. I guess if I had to go to school for that long and spend that kind of money on school, I would want to make the big bucks when I got out in the world too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)