AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lumbar-epidural-injection
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

JoBob
Posted 7/22/2010 15:26 (#1283913 - in reply to #1281577)
Subject: Re: lumbar-epidural-injection

West Central Wisconsin
Cory, I had discectomies on L4-5 in 1990, 99 and 2005. Had pieces of ruptured disc floating around that were causing pain during the last two. I had little pain before the first one but had no strength to stand or work. Dr. went through the same inscision for all three which is why it took so long to heal the last time. Physical therapy, electro shock and stretching exersizes never worked for me pre-surgery. My wife thinks abusing my back was the reason for the 2nd and 3rd. I don't think they got all of the pieces of disc out the first two times. I really think they've got it all now. I never thought twice about not having surgery and looked forward to the pain disappearing. Before having this last surgery I told my Dr. my symptoms and all I wanted was the MRI, which he agreed to. After confirming surgery was needed, I was put on the waiting list about 4-6 weeks out. A week or two later I called the Dr. saying I could no longer walk on my heels, without my right foot flopping down flat. Three days later I had the surgery. So if you can't walk on your tip-toes or your heels don't wait, get in to see a Dr. ASAP. The longer you wait after that point the less likely you will make a full recovery. Surgery is now same day and recovery time varies. I was out 3-4 weeks and then back doing minor work for a few more weeks before being back completely. Joe.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)