AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for Senior Citizen- Economic End Times
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Itchy
Posted 7/19/2010 11:01 (#1279297 - in reply to #1279098)
Subject: Re: Question for Senior Citizen- Economic End Times

SW Iowa
I have been stocking up on canned goods , bottled water, fuel for generator, ammunition for my guns when it becomes avail (been in short supply all year especially 45 cal hand gun). Cashed a couple of grain checks into twenty dollar bills and stashed them in a waterproof container burried straight East of a large Maple in the yard. Also keep 6 mo supply of Diesel at all times so I can go to the field when the crops are mature. Figure I can barter Corn and Soys when it gets the US money won't exchange. I'm ready! I believe it will get very bad innitially in the first 6 months as people become hungry and first try and barter for necessities, then will steal, finally will congregate into militia style small groups banding together for protection. In about a year, the gov should re establish itself, and provide police and military protection and a monetary system. Then they will move out into the countryside breaking up the small militia groups and organizing them back into a country under a unified form of government..This will be another battle as some groups will be quite successful in the anarchiel enviroment and will be unwilling to give up their control to a central government.
I'd say if the world governments and ours especially don't figure out how to put back together our present monetary system and get people's attitudes straightened out we could see what I envision happening within the next 5 years.
Good Luck All!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)