AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Favorite uses for Dell Axims?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 3/13/2007 21:15 (#119385 - in reply to #118917)
Subject: RE: Favorite uses for Dell Axims?

I had an IPAQ for 4 years then recently bought a new Axim because I have relatives who are in the IT business and have a corporate account with Dell.

90% of what I use it for is as a date book and address book. I am lost without it. I use Outlook on my desk computer and sync'ing it is very easy with the improved software.

In the notes section I keep one with important information. Others I keep with filter numbers for all of our machines, that way if I need to order filters I've got the numbers with me. I keep a note file with information about grain that's contracted, date, price etc. I also have a note file month by month where I can add notes or comments or anything I want, mostly make notes in it while I'm on the cell phone and not by my desk. At home I have tried to use the computer to keep my phone notes, but it's not as nice as having it on a spiral notebook right beside my computer to refer to.

Von, I thought about doing the same thing as you, enter harvest numbers on a spread sheet. The big drawback to that is the screen size. If I make the numbers big enough that I can read them then the portion that you can see at any one time on the screen is such a small portion of the whole spreadsheet that it doesn't work very good. You spend a lot of time scrolling. Most of the time I end up saving the info and putting it on at my large computer.

Get one that has wifi and talk your elevator mgr into putting in a wireless internet broadcast point outside the office, then you could sit in the truck and check your email and AT :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)