AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Converting to "older" Quicken Versions.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 3/6/2007 19:40 (#115714)
Subject: Converting to "older" Quicken Versions.....

Hey Guys,

I got one that will probably stump ya, but I hope not!!!

Am trying to do cash flow from 2003-2004. Don't have it on this hard drive but had it saved on a 3.5 diskette, saved in Quicken Basic 2005 same as I am running currently. Anyway, disk is no good so I can't read the data, had it checked out by a computer whiz friend as well. However I always email my data to my accountant as well as save on a disk. So I called up my accountant to see if he still had the data in his hard drive, and he did!!

So he emailed me the data, I hit the QDF to open it and BAM!! It says this is from a later version and cannot open file. Da^%!!!!!!! What happened was my accountant set me the file AFTER he had updated it to a newer version of Quicken, which one I don't know. I asked him if he could forward me the original email that I mailed him but he doesn't have it , no reason he should been 2 years.

I have no desire to buy the latest version of Quicken, so in light of that, is there any way to take the QDF file my accountant sent me from a later version of Quicken than I am running (which one I dont know) and convert it BACK to Quicken 2005????

Thanks,

Buckwheat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)